Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December's Hit List

For those of you who don't know, I have a goal to read or get rid of all the books on my bookshelf by August 31, 2014.  Why?  Because I'm moving, either overseas or cross-country.  I want to take very little with me and I've reached the point in my life where looking at my overstocked unread bookshelf makes me feel anxious.  I want to have only new-to-me fresh books on my unread shelf.  I want my unread shelf to be small and manageable.  As books come in the door, I want to read them eagerly, not reluctantly.

December's Hit List is a serious reflection of my goal.  I've pulled all books off my shelf that:
  • I've had for over a year
  • I keep passing over
It's a big stack.  All those words will not pass from my eyes into my head in one month.  I know this.  Several books will go straight into the used book store pile.

 
 In addition, I have my Classic Club book to read - Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

2 comments:

Vasilly said...

Bree, that's a great goal. I have a similar goal for 2014. I'm tired of seeing so many books stay unread on my bookshelves. Good luck.

Ruth Lopez said...

I really enjoyed Crime and Punishment. Who is your translator? (Mine was Garnett, who I thought was excellent, but apparently there is someone even better.) Anyway, good luck with your stack.