1. Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
Trade paperback is my preferred size as mass market paperbacks are so small and hard to hold. Hardbacks are ok except heavy to carry around.
2. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Definitely Borders as they do coupons.
3. Bookmark or dog-ear?
Bookmark, bending pages is just too much for me to handle.
4. Amazon or brick and mortar?
For browsing purposes, brick and mortar. For purchasing without a coupon, Amazon or Paperback Swap or Bookmooch or any other of the number of sites with discounted used books.
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Divided by author but not alphabetized at all.
6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
Never throw away. Keep if I'm thinking potential use in future classroom or my own growth.
7. Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Completely Keep. Its like throwing away the bra that goes with the pantie set. Duh...
8. Read with dust jacket or remove it?
With, then use as a bookmark
9. Short story or novel?
Novel
10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Definitely Harry Potter!!!!!
11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Usually chapter breaks unless my eyes are already closed and I wake to the book on my chest or held upright for the last 10 minutes although I've been asleep.
12. "It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time"?
It was a dark and stormy night
13. Buy or borrow?
Both
14. New or used?
Doesn't matter to me, whichever is cheapest.
15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
All three. I like reviews and recommendations but then I don't always like the book.
16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy ending. Cliffhanger only if there is a sequel already out in the book world for me to discover the tidy ending.
17. Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
Anytime, all the time, whenever I can fit it in. At stop lights, restroom, waiting to pick up kids. A true bookaholic carries a book at all times for those just in case moments or freaks when there is time but they forgot the book.
18. Stand-alone or series?
Both. Love a series but dislike when the series ends and I want more. Hint: Harry Potter.
19. Favorite series?
Harry Potter or for adults Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series
20. Favorite children's book?
Not sure
21. Favorite YA book?
I'm just starting to read this genre and I've really only read series books: Harry Potter, Traveling Pants, Princess Diaries.
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Not sure
23. Favorite books read last year?
Fiction: Driving Sideways by Jess Riley, Molokai by Alan Brennert
Non-fiction: Note to Self by Samara O'Shea
Kids: The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
24. Favorite books of all time?
The Forever series by Jude Deveraux
25. What are you reading right now?
Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
26. What are you reading next?
Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji
27. Favorite book to recommend to an eleven-year-old?
Probably Harry Potter although I am going to start on Inkheart series so you never know.28. Favorite book to reread?
The Outlander series as they are some of the few books that I have actually re-read.
29. Do you ever smell books?
Yes, I believe I have actually picked up books and smelled them. I love the smell of a book store. I dislike receiving books that come from a smoker's house (sorry, smokers) only because I don't smoke and since I no longer live with a smoker, you can really smell the scent. However, as long as the book isn't too permeated, the smell eventually goes away.
30. Do you ever read Primary source documents?
No, unless required.
No comments:
Post a Comment