Molasses-Glazed Chicken
It is suppose to be turkey but I wanted to try roast chicken instead. Delicious! Looked so yummy when chicken came out of oven. Will definitely make again and it's so easy.
1 (14 lb) turkey, ready to cook - I used 6 lb chicken
salt
pepper
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 cup molasses
Preheat oven to 350. Rinse bird inside and out; pat dry. Place bird, breast side up, in roasting pan. Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
Roast bird for 2 1/4 hours. When pan juice begin forming (check after first hour) baste with juices every 30 minutes.
Whisk together mustard and molasses.
Remove bird from oven and brush with molasses mixture. Return to oven and continue roasting about 45 minutes longer, basting every 10 to 15 minutes (tent bird lightly with foil if it begins to get too dark), or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, away from bone, registers 165 degrees F.
Let bird stand, loosely covered with foil, for 20 minutes to let juices set. Carve bird and serve.
(From: All You magazine, November 26, 2006)
(I used a stone baker instead of a roasting pan and cooked the chicken covered for 1 1/2 hours then coated with majority of molasses mixture and cooked covered for another 1/2 hr, basting. Then I put remaining molasses mixture on chicken and cooked uncovered for another 1/2 hr so skin would crunch-up. Delicious and juicy)
Potato Pancakes
This recipe was a disaster waiting to happen. Picture looked delicious. Recipe looked simple. However, once I started grating potatoes, I could see it coming. First, a layer of my knuckle skin made it into the potato shreds. Not pretty with a tinge of pink in the potatoes. Then, I realized my grater was way-too small for shredding potatoes. The shreds were too thin leading to mushy potatoes. I threw the whole pink colored mess away and declared too difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment