Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Thoughts - Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

Here's my thoughts on Picoult's latest book which went on sale yesterday:

OH MY GOSH!

GO BUY THIS BOOK NOW!

Ok, so you get the message, right?  I loved this book.  Excellent!  Yesterday, I had 10 pages left to read and took it with me to work.  I read 1 page while waiting at a stop light and finished the rest over in a corner of the restaurant in between waiting on tables.  Yes, it is that good.  I had to know what happened.  There was no way I could wait until I got home from work.  Everyone who walked by me said something and I told them - leave me alone, I have 5 pages left, I'm almost done.  Must know the ending.

Anyways, the story brings up so many issues as all Picoult's books do but this one really took me away.  Marriage, same-sex marriage, depression, teacher actions, fanatic religion, therapy. Umm lets see, does she cram any more into it?  Nope I think I got them all.  No, I'm sure I'm missing some.  Oh yeah, a big one- infertility. 

If you've ever questioned your sexual tendencies or wondered about infertility treatments, read this book.  I realize it is a work of fiction but considering Picoult's reputation, I'm sure the research she put into this book is dead-on correct.

Thank you so much to Atria Books for sending me a review copy as I don't know if I would have picked it up otherwise.  I'm not into books dealing with musicians so the cover would have turned me off and the description on the back would not entice me.  But the story itself- absolutely amazing.  Read it in a day and half.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I have yet to read a Jodi Picoult book but I see her books everywhere. I think it is time for me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, I am so happy that you liked this book as much as me. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read any of her books. I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...