Another debut winner offered to me from FSB Associates. Thanks again to Leyane Jerejian for sending to me.
From the back of the book: "A murder at the Taj Mahal. A kidnapping in a sacred city. A desperate chase through a cliffside monastery. All in the pursuit of a legend that could link the world's great religious faiths.
In 1887, a Russian journalist made an explosive discovery in a remote Himalayan monastery only to be condemned and silenced for the heresy he proposed. His discovery vanished shortly thereafter.
Now, graduate student Grant Matthews journeys to the Himalayas in search of this ancient mystery. But Matthews couldn't have anticipated the conspiracy of zealots who would go to any lengths to prevent him from bringing this secret public. Soon he is in a race to expose a truth that will change the world's understanding of religion. A truth that his university colleagues believe is mere myth. A truth that will change his life forever - - if he survives."
My Thoughts - Wow! Initially, the title caused me to put this book as the next, the next, the next. Now that I've read it - Why? Why did I put it off? Awesome. Couldn't put it down. Tried to figure out how I could read at work (restaurant) but considering it's red and thick, it was kind of noticeable. I really can't imagine the amount of research Small had to do to write this book. Not only does the storyline keep you on the edge, the message keeps me thinking and wondering. Books that stay with me after I read them are the best. So much happens in this book, I didn't want it to end.
Here is a quote that I liked (Kinley speaking to Grant):
"Ah yes, the most important lesson you have learned is that you still do not know. After a lifetime, of study and meditation, I have realized that sometimes it is better to stop seeking the answers, stop asking the questions. Just be." (page 345)
You can check out the author's website here.
If you like suspense and books with religious thoughts don't offend you, read this book. I highly recommend it.

No comments:
Post a Comment