Can I just say THANK YOU to
Leyane Jerejian at
FSB Associates! She sends me the greatest books to read and review. I request and receive review books from various places and some are good, some great, some unfinishable. But the books I get from FSB are always amazing. So...Thank You Leyane, I just read 2 mind-absorbing books and can't wait for the next!
On to the books. First up, a lawyer based novel by first time novelist
Adam Mitzner. A Conflict of Interest can be described as:
- page turner
- quickly devoured
- involved
- numerous twists and turns
I loved this debut novel and can't wait for Mitzner's next. The story follows Alex Miller, a 10+ year partner at a prestigious New York law firm. Miller's tragedies start with the death of his father and continue from there. Just when I thought no more bad could happen to this man, another thing complicates his world.
On a personal note: I'm starting to resume regularly scheduled life. It's so nice to not be sick anymore. This weekend was the first time in over 3 weeks that I felt normal and energetic again. I hope no one else got this strain of cold/flu/whatever it was. I am DONE being sick this school year. Please God no more for me or my family.
I have lots of things to write so many posts coming and I can catch up on reading and commenting on everyone else's posts. Yippee!
So glad you are back and healthy! You were missed.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you're okay! I was just thinking about you this morning. I can't wait to read more of your posts.
ReplyDeleteI missed seeing your posts, Bree. Glad to hear that you are back in the swing of writing, and so sorry it was so awful these past weeks. Cheers, and thanks for the book review!
ReplyDelete