Now this book on the other hand is a page turner. I couldn't read it slow if I tried. Told from different points of view, I was immediately sucked in from page one. Twists and turns, some expected, some not. Murder, suspense, craziness, loss, normalcy, love. This novel has it all. How far would you go for sisterly love? Gudenkauf's novel will make you question your loyalty. READ IT! I need to find Gudenkauf's other book now and anxiously await her future books.Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau
Monday, May 2, 2011
Reading Last Week - 2 Must Reads!
I FINALLY finished East of Eden. It only took me 1 1/2 years but thanks to the inspiration of The Fill In The Gaps Project, I finished it last week. I love this book and could reread it again and again. Last time I tried to read I got half way thru. I wanted to read quickly but I also wanted to read it slowly and savor each word. I stopped. This time I picked up and had the same feeling. So I took my time with it and savored the words like my brain wanted to. A timeless novel. I will read again. I hope you will too.
Now this book on the other hand is a page turner. I couldn't read it slow if I tried. Told from different points of view, I was immediately sucked in from page one. Twists and turns, some expected, some not. Murder, suspense, craziness, loss, normalcy, love. This novel has it all. How far would you go for sisterly love? Gudenkauf's novel will make you question your loyalty. READ IT! I need to find Gudenkauf's other book now and anxiously await her future books.
Now this book on the other hand is a page turner. I couldn't read it slow if I tried. Told from different points of view, I was immediately sucked in from page one. Twists and turns, some expected, some not. Murder, suspense, craziness, loss, normalcy, love. This novel has it all. How far would you go for sisterly love? Gudenkauf's novel will make you question your loyalty. READ IT! I need to find Gudenkauf's other book now and anxiously await her future books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

All of Steinbeck's books are wonderful. Try another one, too! Thanks for your thoughts!
ReplyDeleteShould mention These Things Hidden to my book club!
ReplyDeleteThanks for recommending his other books. I will definitely try others.
ReplyDelete