Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Thoughts - County Line - Bill Cameron

(I'm playing with HTML codes this week so bear with me.)

Review copy received from Leyane Jerejian at FSB Associates.

Blurb from backcover:
"When the steadfast Ruby Jane Whittaker drops out of sight, dogged ex-cop Skin Kadash sets out to discover what drove the woman he loves to leave her life behind so suddenly and without explanation. The discovery of a dead man in Ruby Jane's apartment and an attack by a mysterious stalker send Skin from Portland to California - and into a charged encounter with her one-time love Peter McKrall.  As questions mount and answers grow increasingly out of reach, Skin and Peter cross the country on a desperate journey deep into Ruby Jane's haunted past-and toward an explosive confrontation which will decide if any of them has a future."

My Thoughts:
Unfortunately I was not enthralled with this book. Cameron has an intriguing story line but it's disjointed and too scattered for me. I almost felt like the book needed edited one more time. I wanted to pull the story out and read it in short form because it is really interesting which kept me reading the majority of the book before giving up and skimming the rest. The ordering of the book I found confusing. I also found the character names distracting. Weird, I know.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this review. I downloaded this book on my Nook on "Free book Friday" seveal weeks ago. Think I'll pass on it, thanks to your review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...