Last week, I received an ARC of a book advocating for a happier, healthier you through a small change every week for a year. 52 Small Changes by Brett Blumenthal came to me from Amazon Encore. I'd never heard of Amazon Encore and am excited to partner with them. Blumenthal's book will be released January 2012.
This week I decided to start working the changes. We'll see together how these changes work for me.
The first week advocates for water, water, water. I am not and have never been a fan of water but I'm trying. I put one of those gas station ginormous mugs in the refrigerator. It has a straw which I figured would help. Every time I open the refrigerator I suck down as much water as I can. I also told myself no more soda at work and fill my styrofoam cup (yuck, styrofoam! I know) with water and lemon instead. So far I've managed to drink 3 mugs and remembered 2 days of water at work. Not bad for a person who doesn't normally drink water.

I read this and took a swig out of my neglected water bottle.
ReplyDeleteIt looks interesting, Bree, & good for you for drinking the water, which is good for you!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a fun book. Water is good for you, but don't forget there are other water-based drinks, too, so you don't get bored and give up. Tea is great, both iced and hot.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Bree! You're doing great with the water. I'm not really a water person unless it's really hot outside.
ReplyDeleteOther water-based drinks - I thought this too but the book suggests/recommends only plain water with MAYBE a real-fruit infusion. So I've been realy trying only plain water. I already drink a ton of tea. Thanks for the recommendation!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement, ladies! So far I'm doing much better than I anticipated.
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I am a water drinker--always have a water container of some kind on my desk. On days I don't refill it at least once, I find myself tired and grouchy. There must be something to the water thing. My advice--find a great mug or glass that will keep you drinking the water!
ReplyDeleteThe gigantic blue gas station mug with straw in the refrigerator is doing a great job at reminding me. thank goodness
ReplyDeleteI received this one also. Have you ever tried fruit in your water? Slice up an orange, lemon and lime and put it into a pitcher with water for a bit before you drink it. Nice light flavored water. Book is interesting so far.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying book so far. I'm only on week 2. I have not tried the fruit water but just got a bag of oranges so its on my list to do this week.
ReplyDelete