Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Thoughts - Getting Lucky

New to me author.
Graciously sent to me from FSB Associates.  Thank you yet again for a wonderful page-turner.

Book Blurb:

When a young reporter is killed in a hit-an-run accident, freelance writer Robyn Guthrie agrees to finish one of the stories the reporter had been writing for the local newspaper.  But nothing is as simple as it seems when she uncovers shady land deals, encounters an old high school nemesis, and attempts to fend off her aging mother's latest notion.
My thought:

Try it.  Getting Lucky is a sequel to Getting Sassy but you don't need to read Getting Sassy to get the full effect of Getting Lucky.  I was sucked in from the get-go and read book in 2 days.  I did not expect the twists or outcomes of Brod's storytelling.  Some crime novels are so predictable but this one is not.

Read this book in Dec. 2011.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds good, Bree.  I'll put it on my list, probably for my husband.  Although I like those kinds of books, too, I just don't have the time because I'm reading too much for school.  Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...