Welcome to Day 21 of 31 Days of Baking as part of Write31Days October challenge.
Coming from the great state of Ohio, Buckeyes are one of my favorite desserts. What is a Buckeye? Not the nut or the sports team, but a delicious peanut butter and chocolate bite-sized morsel. Simply delicious. Think Reese's Peanut Butter cups on steroids. Yeah, now your mouth is watering. Oddly enough, I'm not sure if I have ever made these treats until now. I have several recipes but have never tried them. Today's recipe is called Peanut Butter Bonbons but in reality, they are Buckeyes.
In tribute to my soon-to-happen trip to my home state, I give you Buckeyes!
Peanut Butter Bonbons
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk
3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
1 1/2 teaspoons solid white vegetable shortening
2 tablespoons melted white chocolate, optional
In large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk; blend well. Shape mixture into 24 balls, using about 2 teaspoons per ball. refrigerate balls about 1 hour or until firm.
In small, heavy saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening. (or microwave in 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at medium (50% power) 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute until chocolate and shortening are melted and smooth.) With fork, dip chilled balls into chocolate mixture, coating well remove excess chocolate by tapping gently on side of dish. Place bonbons on foil-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Drizzle melted white chocolate on top.
source: unknown
What I changed:
If you look at my bag of confectioners sugar, you will notice I have very little left from I borrowed from a friend. Therefore, I could only make recipe based on what I had left. Hence, a very little amount. Six Buckeyes only. One didn't even get chocolate covered because I ate it. :) For squares of semisweet chocolate, I used chocolate chips. I didn't fully dip the balls in chocolate as recipe says because that is not how real Buckeyes are. This is why you can see the fork marks on mine. I wonder how you dip bonbons without the marks?My Thoughts:
Hell yes! 'Nough said.
Till tomorrow...




No comments:
Post a Comment