Great news today. After playing phone tag with the Director of Admissions at Poly NYU, we finally had a conversation. They would like to have my son re-visit the college on their dime. I take this as a really good sign that the college really wants him to attend. They also informed me of another scholarship which he can qualify for as a junior and its a full ride for junior and senior year. Very tempting. He's actually reconsidering Poly now. My daughter was even excited for him to go there now and she really didn't like NYC at all.
Right now I'm watching Lost. Its last week's episode and I'm really confused. The episode is bouncing around time lots. I was telling my daughter about Tara at Books and Cooks watching the series from Season One forward and now she wants to watch the series. I need a refresher too. There is so much stuff going on in this show!!!
I'm so glad he's reconsidering!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing we have TiVo, or I'm pretty sure my husband would have banned me from watching Lost. I'm always making him pause it and explain something to me.
O wow. Tell him congratulations! What an honor that they want him so much! Hopefully he likes it a bit more if he comes back to visit. You really did come on a weird day. I hope where ever he goes, he finds a place he likes and fits in.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely give NYC another chance. With the weather beginning to turn, NYC is a great walking city when spring-time rolls around. Maybe the next time you visit you can have lunch in Chinatown, visit the world-trade center site or the empire state building. I grew up close to the city and still love to visit.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that Polytech reached out to you. I think you're right: they really want your son to attend. And it's great that he's reconsidering. Even if he decides to go somewhere else, it's a great learning experience for him, weighing his options.
ReplyDeleteWhat good news about Polytech! I think watching Lost in one fell swoop is a great idea! I totally know who everybody is/what they've done/who they know etc. and generally it all makes sense and is coming together. Can't wait to see the rest of the series.
ReplyDelete