Yay I'm finally back to my cooking project. Click on page above if you want to see what I've made so far this year.
Cheese Onion Morsels
I loved these little morsels. Great flavor with good aftertaste. Next time I'm going to add just a little more cheese even though the batter is almost all cheese. More cheese never hurts, right?
1 lb cheddar cheese (grated)1/2 cup soft butter
1 egg
1/4 cup water
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup onions (finely chopped)
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Beat cheese and butter. Add egg and water. Blend. Combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and paprika. Add flour mixture and onions to the cheese mixture. Blend. Drop onto cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. May be frozen and thawed. Reheat at 375 for 5 minutes. Recipe states it makes 8 dozen. However, I made a half batch and only got 12 biscuits when technically I should have gotten 48. Go figure. Personally I like biscuits a little bigger than a dime.
(source: unknown)
Marinated Pork Loin
Average tasting. A little spicy. My son and I both agree you can really taste each of the flavors.
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 boneless pork loan roast (I used 4 boneless pork chops)
In a saucepan, combine the first 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Place 2/3 cup marinade in a bowl for basting; cover and chill. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut pork into f5 slices, about 1 in. each; add to bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a broiler pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, brushing with reserved marinade and turning occasionally.
(source: unknown)
Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
I made these potatoes with the pork and biscuits. I thought they tasted good but would use less garlic, add more cheese, and not cook as long.
8 medium red potatoes, quartered (I used regular potatoes)
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender. Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in Parmesan.
(source: unknown)
Chattanooga Chew Chew Bread
Another spin on cinnamon pull apart bread or monkey bread whichever name you prefer. This one is different because it becomes caramelized with the brown sugar added. We loved it fresh from the oven and its not bad warmed up later.
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cans biscuits, separated (I used 1 can of Grands, cut in 1/8th with kitchen scissors)
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
Preheat over 375. Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. (I put in a large plastic bag instead) Place biscuits in large mixing bowl, add sugar mixture and shake until coated. (or put groups of pieces in plastic bag and toss). Melt butter and brown sugar; mix. (I melted in microwave) Place coated biscuit pieces in greased pan (bundt pan works well), and pour butter mixture over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Pull apart and eat while hot.
(source: unknown)
Stuffed-Crust Pizza
My son and I loved this recipe. You can find it on http://www.pillsbury.com/.
1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
7 sticks (1 oz each) string cheese
1/2 cup pizza sauce
Pepperoni
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
Preheat over to 425. Spray 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough; place in pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan, pressing up and extending over sides by at least 1 inch. Place string cheese around inside edge of crust. Fold extended edge of dough over cheese; pinch firmly to seal.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set and edges are light golden brown. Spoon sauce evenly over crust. Top with pepperoni and cheese.
Bake 12 to 16 minutes longer or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese in center is melted. Cut into wedges.
(source: Pillsbury.com from 2007)
I also tried 2 other recipes that I won't even bother to type out for you because they were horrendous and immediately went to garbage: Chocolate Stuff and Lorene's Pralines.
I've only cooked pork (not counting ground pork) once and it was so dry it scared me off. I should try again after I move. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, more cheese never hurts.