Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Goal Project - Week 5

Last week update:
  • Finished reading blog posts from last 3 weeks.  Yippee!  Must not let that slide again.  I hate missing stuff.
  • Job - applied to several unusual places (cruise ships, Peacecorp, Random House).  I figured why not?  You never know until you try.  I did get a response back from one cruise ship hiring partner and had an interview at one of our locally owned fine dining restaurants.  Have a second interview there tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.  5 more people quit this week at my current work with 3 of those being walkouts yesterday.  Not a good sign.
  • Just reading this week has made me feel very lazy.  Lazy in a good way though considering during the school year I work 50-75 hours a week.  I figured I was good for 1 week of downtime but it did feel weird not doing stuff around apartment etc.  Plus with the ungodly temperatures and humidity outside, it was a good week to pick to do nothing.
  • I also cooked lots this week - some good, some not so good.
This week:
  • It's garage sale week!  This week's goal is all about the garage sale.  I'll be hauling everything over to my sister's which will take several trips, setting up, pricing items and sitting there for Thur, Fri and Sat mornings.  After I get all the stuff out of my apartment, I plan to do a final walkthru for any items I might have missed.
  • I'll also be spending time putting my apartment back to living condition.  By living condition, I mean looking like I'm not in the process of moving in or moving out.  I hate living with boxes and piles all over the place.  Makes me a little crazy.
  • I'm also taking over a vacated storage space in our apartment storage area downstairs.  Someone moved out and their storage unit is more accessible than the current one I have so I'll be spending time moving my junk to that spot.
Question for you:  I'm contemplating selling my scrapbook rolly suitcase thingie.  You know what I mean.  I still like to scrapbook but I think after I get done with my stacks of past pictures (my children' childhoods and teen years) the desire to scrap will be gone.  I will still have a shoulder strap carrier and a handheld tools carrier.  The rolly thing is nice though.  Sell or don't sell, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your second interview. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

    Have fun with the garage sale. Do you have a fun plan for the money you make?

    As far as your scrapbook container... I would suggest not selling it, but that is based on my experience. I got rid of mine, then I found that I wanted/ needed another one when 2 years later the scrapbooking bug hit again. It may be worth putting it in a closet for awhile. Just a thought!

    By the way... do you have any ideas for historical fiction read-alouds I can do with my 5th and 6th grade classes? I want to see if I can incorporate some of that into the curriculum. I'm doing American History from the Native Americans through the Civil War and Ancient Cultures. I think the Percy Jackson series will be fun once we get into the Greeks in 6th grade. Just thought I'd ask the book expert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the spirit of downsizing, I say sell. :)

    I wish I could make some much needed dough doing a garage sale. Alas, I have no garage and not enough junk to get rid of.

    You continue to remind me that my apartment remains unpacked and furniture unsold. Thank you for that.
    (not sarcastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - I had a huge garage sale 2 years ago and made like $25. My sister had one with maybe 3 tables of stuff and made a killing. It's not always about the amount of stuff. People are fickle. You're welcome for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...