Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time for College Books


It's back to school time which means to most people - where's the wallet cause my cash is disappearing fast.  Supplies, clothes, books, tuition.  All items needed to send off a college student.  All cost many dollars. 

Campus Book Rentals to the rescue.  I don't normally agree to endorse products or companies but this particular company I wholeheartedly recommend.  As recent college student myself, I've had the opportunity to rent a textbook.  What a savings!  Just last month, I was explaining and recommending the rental process and program to my two college bound children when Angela at Campus Book Rentals contacted me. Perfect partnership.

How many college students actually keep their textbooks?  How many even crack the spine of the book once purchased?  How many books are actually repurchased by the college?  I don't have the answers but the questions get you to thinking which is why I tried renting a textbook last year.

Advantages of renting:
  • Lower cost.  Example:  Purchase new $100, purchase used $80, rent $50
  • You can still highlight and write in book
  • If you really want book, you have option of keeping book and only paying the difference between rental price (already paid) and current value.
  • If your professor never used book in class, at least you didn't pay a fortune for purchase.  BONUS: if you realize the book is going to be useless to you, you have 30 days to return book with full refund!
Disadvantages:
  • Ummm let's see...yeah, can't think of any.
If you are or have a college student, I highly recommend giving Campus Book Rentals a try.  Their website is easy to navigate and they offer live customer support.  I don't see any downside of renting versus purchasing from college bookstore. 

FTC: For this review, I am receiving a 50% off coupon to Campus Book Rentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...