Friday, December 2, 2011

100 Things

I've been revisiting my 100 Things list today because I haven't accomplished much on it.  I realize it is a list of things to do before I die and hopefully that is a long way away but....

What I've realized today is I need to make the list more concrete and specific.  I thought I did that when I created it but its still not as specific or maybe it needs to be more general.  No.  It needs to have goal deadlines or something like that.  For instance, take "read 4 classics a year," when am I ever going to know I've done this? Do I want to do this every year that I'm alive? Do I want to quantify it more? 4 books every year for 5 years, 10 years, until I read 20 classics, etc.  Get what I mean? 

I know this is not important stuff.  I realize this.  Oh the things we think about.

8 comments:

  1. I was actually brainstorming a post about how to set achievable goals with new year's resolutions and bucket lists! And you're exactly right. More quantifiable goals are easier to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus it makes you feel like you accomplished something. You can cross it off a list and move on to other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get, read and respond so fast to my posts? I'd love to know your secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My email is always open when I'm at work. :) Respond straight from email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always interesting to read your reflections Bree. It's moving toward the end of the year, & I start wondering about goals, & things I hope to accomplish next year, etc. I wonder if this ending is the see of your questions? Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it is. Its been a year since I was going through my breast cancer scare and I swore then that I wouldn't let life pass me by. But I find myself thinking that I have these past few months and I need to start living again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you're right goals should be specific. Having said that all my goals were shot out the window when my daughter had a baby in February and now she's expecting twins, so I won't be working on my list until they start school.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, a baby in February and now 2 more on the way. I'd be pulling my hair out. Good luck in getting your life back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...