Spice Cake
This recipe is a tried and true recipe from my mom but I haven't made it in years as I forgot about it.
Try it, it's good.
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all dry ingredients together - flour through cloves. Add shortening, egg, milk, and vanilla. Pour in cupcake pans or greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 for 20 mins.
Easy as pie recipe. I added more of each spice just cause I felt like it.
(source: my mom)
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Can I just say "Yummy"!
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
Preheat over to 375.
Sift together (who sifts? Not me) the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
Cream toeghter the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. (I put dough into refrigerator to firm it up first before rolling into balls.)
Shape into 40 balls and place each ball into an ungreased MINI-MUFFIN PAN.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from the pan. (It took at least a day for the chocolate to firm up in the cookies. They look like little muffins versus cookies) Yield: 40 cookies.
(source: All Recipes Cookie Lover's Cookbook)
Pork Tenderloin with Provencal Herbs
We did not care for this recipe. I've decided that thyme tastes like grass.
Cowboy Cookies III
We did not care for this recipe either. Too sweet. Too much sugar (2 whole cups).
Straight to the garbage.
Someone just brought in a spice cake at school & it was great. I'll try your mother's recipe. Sounds good too! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteStarred this in my reader for the peanut butter cup cookies!
ReplyDeleteThe spice cake sounds yummy and easy! Just what I need right now :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely try the spice cake recipe. Its ridiculiously easy. We like to warm the cupcakes/cake up and put butter on it. Yummy
ReplyDeleteOMG I LOVE peanut butter cup cookies. Never made though probably because I would eat all the candy and have none left over for cookies :)
ReplyDeleteThe cookies bake too fast for that to happen. I was worried about it too but I spent the time trying to get all the little wrappers off before they finished baking.
ReplyDelete