First book of the year.
First book read for the Italian Challenge.
First book to receive a rating on my blog.
I picked this book up at Border's closing sale last year because I loved Eat Pray Love and thought this would be a spin off so to speak.
Unfortunately I was not impressed. The first chapter hooked me with talk of pasta and food regions of Italy. Then the book got boring and redundant. Only the last 30 pages or so talked about Elizabeth Gilbert's time in Italy.
Recommendation: Skip it.
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another book purchased at Border's closing sale. Much more interesting than the above purchase. Yeah, I know it's fiction so for most readers it would be more interesting. Isn't the cover enough to make you want to read it? Maybe I'm just a sucker for pink and pretty things. I love the storyline idea: Become a princess for a day or week or however long the princess needs. However, a princess's life is not always as it seems as Desi finds out when she discovers she has MP (magical powers) and is offered the job as a princess substitute.Recommendation: Definite yes, if you like YA and princess novels
Rating: 4 stars

No comments:
Post a Comment