Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crazy Fast Skimming

 I have been working on the premise of posting my monthly Hit List of books.  This month, thanks to Vasilly letting me know about last week's Readathon, I cruised through most of January's books.  The Readathon got me to focus on reading at a great time because I live in an area affected by the Great Freeze so I was off work for days.  Also several of the books I choose I only skimmed as I wasn't captured by the writing style or the subject material was uninteresting.  Below are the books left from my original stack.  After trying to read these books straight through, I realized I can't.  I have to read them in short bursts.


I, also, had a short story compilation on my list.  I've been trying to read a short story a week.  Last night after I started and stopped several stories, I dawns on me that "Hey, I don't like short stories. Why am I forcing myself to read them?"  Not giving up right away, I grabbed another short story book and tried reading that one.  Nope. Not happening.  These books are going in the giveaway pile with no regrets.
 
 
 
What's a reader to do then?  Grab another stack of books off the shelves and start another book.  Below are the additions to my January Hit List.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...