Sunday, January 19, 2014

Short Thoughts on Last Week's Books

The Last Summer of Her Other Life - Jean Reynolds Page
I read this book fairly quickly.  Took me two days.  Why? I had to find out what happened.  So many things happen to the main character Jules that by the end I wasn't sure if I could take more happening to her.  The happenings in the book were completely unexpected by me.  I feel like the book is written more like a mystery or murder type book not as a relationship book.  While the story involves several relationships and how those relationship change and evolve, the style is murder mystery without the murder.  It is a good book.

Did Not Finish
A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick - didn't care for the writing style
The Best American Nonrequired Reading
This I Believe
The Book of Virtues
Anthem - Ann Rand
The Help - Kathryn Stockett - LOVE the movie, do not like the dialect writing of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...