Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Slice 11: Blocked

I'm sitting here staring at my computer, hands poised, waiting, and thinking what to write.  Hmmmm, what to write, what to write, what to write.  I've been sitting here for 10 minutes thinking about this topic.  Writer's block.  What happened yesterday? What cute or amusing story can I tell?  What did I do yesterday?  Completely drawing a blank.  I worked an open-to-close shift.  My mind feels numb.

So I will leave you with a travel tip:  If you plan on riding a subway and there is no one in a certain car, Do Not Enter.  Chances are it smells horribly.


Hurry.  Enter. Book giveaway ends March 15th.

3 comments:

  1. This is good advice...lucky we have not had that happen...but can only imagine realizing the horrible smell after the door closes. BTW...we love Chicago...get there often because my sister lives nearby...but it had been a few years since we stayed downtown...or do you call it uptown? Will take your advice on things to see next time we visit...leaving early to make it home before the 8 inches of snow with glaze of ice arrives at our place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. breethethingswereadMarch 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM

    We call it Downtown. Uptown is actually a northside neighborhood in Chicago. I used to live there. We got snow but not the 8 inches. Hope you got home ok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...