Monday, December 8, 2014

Cooking My Way - Bacon

Candied Bacon
Have you ever tried candied bacon?  If you haven't, I highly suggest you remedy that situation.
It's easy and quick to made and so delicious.

What you need:
bacon
brown sugar
foil
 I simply rub brown sugar on both sides of bacon.  Take your fingers and kind of smooth the brown sugar all over.  Put foil on a cookie sheet to save the condition of your sheet.  Also easy clean up.  Put sugared bacon on foiled sheet and bake.  I use 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
 And this is how it looks.

Immediately pull off foil or it will stick.
I set on paper towels to drain but don't keep there long as it will stick.

After a quick internet search, I discovered better method for draining bacon - use brown paper bag.

If you are lucky enough to have some left over to store, 
it will keep for about a week in an airtight container.

To add additional flavor to bacon, try:
chili pepper
black pepper
cayenne
cinnamon
beer - haven't tried this recipe but it looks good (Tide & Thyme)
and any number of other combinations

Happy Eating!

5 comments:

  1. I've never done candied bacon, but I always cook my regular bacon in the oven on my broiler pan. This sounds downright decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than bacon dipped in maple syrup. I'm sure I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never dipped bacon in maple syrup but its a favorite of my daughter's. I bet it would taste similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this, but sure looks like it could be winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, with as much as you cook, I'm surprised you haven't tried candied bacon. It is so good and easy to make. Try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...