Monday, October 26, 2015

31 Days: Dark-Chocolate Pudding with Candied Ginger



Welcome to Day 26 of 31 Days of Baking as part of Write31Days October challenge.

All my travel arrangements are finalized for next month which is really next week. Less than 7 days and I hit the road again. :)

Dark-Chocolate Pudding with Candied Ginger


Dark-Chocolate Pudding with Candied Ginger
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
5 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 quart half-and-half
one 3.5-ounce bar bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
lightly sweetened whipped cream and sliced candied ginger, for service

In a medium bowl, sift together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. In a large saucepan, add the half-and-half and whisk in the cocoa powder mixture. Cook over moderate heat, whisking until the pudding starts to bubble and thicken, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the bittersweet chocolate and vanilla. Pour the pudding into 6ounce ramekins and let cool, then cover and refrigerate until chilled; about 1 hour. Top each pudding with whipped cream and candied ginger and serve.
source: a magazine probably Food Network magazine

What I changed:

I'll be the only one eating this pudding so I made a fourth of the recipe. I did not put in ramekins but in a bowl.

Dark-Chocolate Pudding with Candied Ginger


My Thoughts:

Oh yeah! The bittersweet chocolate makes this pudding my favorite pudding ever! I am not a huge pudding fan, but this one is AMAZING! Definitely keeping recipe.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...