Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Days: Barbecue Cheddar Spiral Bread



Welcome to Day 23 of 31 Days of Baking as part of Write31Days October challenge.

Since I have been doing so much sweet, today I'm bringing on the savory. Baking does not always have to be sweet. Today's recipe is really super easy too so if you are in a hurry, it is quick to throw together.

Barbecue Cheddar Spiral Bread

Barbecue Cheddar Spiral Bread
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons vinegar
2 teaspoons Pantry Barbecue Seasoning mix
2 garlic cloves, pressed
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk or flaky biscuits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, melt butter on high 15-30 seconds; add ketchup, vinegar, seasoning mix and garlic pressed. Mix well. Separate biscuits. Dip one side of each biscuit into barbecue sauce mixture and then into cheese. Repeat, arranging biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to rack. Cool 10 minutes. Slice using bread knife. Yield 8 services.
source: Pampered Chef

Barbecue Cheddar Spiral Bread

What I changed:

A lot. Why? Because I hate ketchup so I don't buy it. Nor do I like vinegar. What I used instead is bottled barbecue sauce. The biscuits I had were the jumbo huge ones like Grands so I sliced them in half the long way to make 2 thin but large-around biscuits.

Barbecue Cheddar Spiral Bread


My Thoughts:

A little bland. I would make again because I think the taste would be better with more bbq sauce and cheese. I like the garlic chunks I layered in between the biscuits so I would add more garlic too.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...