Saturday, October 24, 2015

31 Days: Chocolate-Coated Anything



Welcome to Day 24 of 31 Days of Baking as part of Write31Days October challenge.

Supplies and my attention span are waning today. I found the easiest recipe I had left in my stack to do.

Chocolate-Coated Anything


Chocolate-Coat Anything:
1 pound finely chopped semisweet or milk chocolate
2 teaspoons shortening

1. Temper chocolate with shortening. (meaning melt it together)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and mist with cooking spray.
3. Dip the food in the tempered chocolate using your fingers, a slotted spoon or a skewer; let the excess drip off. Place on the prepared baking sheet and let set at room temperature, 30 minutes (set but still soft) or 4 hours (fully hardened)
source: Food Network magazine, March 2012

What I changed:

I only used enough chocolate to make a really small batch.

Chocolate-Coated Anything

My Thoughts:

Super easy which is the name of the game. I used store brand corn crisp cereal (like Chex Corn cereal). I scoured through what I had left in the kitchen as I'm leaving in a week. My supplies are really low as planned. Could not find anything dipable except the cereal. Tastes good. Next time I'd like to try gummy worms or peanut butter sandwich crackers.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...