Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Library Book Sale - December

I swore this year I would stay away from the library book sales and I was so close to keeping that promise.  Then my daughter said, "Mom, we've decided to travel the US for summer break and I need to buy some travel books."  Darn her.  At our library's sale, they always have shelves of 2 year old travel books and on the last day it is $5 a bag.  So last Saturday, I went.

Of course, I got a bagful of books for myself.  Results below:


  • Jesus Land - Julia Scheeres (I finished her last book 1000 Lives last month so I was really excited to see this book on the shelf)
  • Why Moms are Weird - Pamela Ribon
  • Why Girls are Weird - Pamela Ribon
  • The Sunday List of Dreams - Kris radish
  • Del Canto - Ann Patchett
  • Mercy - Jodi Picoult
  • Perfect Match - Jodi Picoult
  • Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult

And a sleuth of travel related books:
  • The Travel Detective Flight Crew Confidential - Peter Greenberg
  • Take Me With You - Brad Newsham
  • Storyville USA - Dale Peterson
  • England As You Like - Susan Allen Toth
  • My Kind of Place - Susan Orlean
  • On The Road with Charles Kurant
  • Off The Map - Mark Jenkins
I guess 15 books is better than 30 or 50.  hehe

5 comments:

  1. I used to read Pam's blog YEARS (like 10 years) ago. I read Why Girls Are Weird and was slightly disappointed because she reused a lot of her blog posts but that's just my bias. Also it's neat to read about some of the Austin places she mentions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 books is better than 30! Jesus Land is a book that I keep swearing to read but haven't yet. Hopefully I'll get to it next year. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the author's writing style in 1000 Lives so it's going to be top on my list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see lots of Jodi Picoult books in there. She's my favorite author. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I stayed away from my library's book sale recently. Luckily it was the day of the office Christmas party and I was occupied. Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...