Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Best of 2011

2011 Book of the Year
These Things Hidden - Heather Gudenkauf - Wow.  Just wow.

Runners Up:
East of Eden - timeless savouring
The Lie - mind twisting
Firefly Lane - I just realized in making this list that I didn't write anything about this book last year.  It's amazing.  Every emotion present.  I laughed, was angry, cried, was irritated.  You name it.  Gave it to a friend and she texted me how she cried through 3 chapters and how dare I send her this book.


Non-Fiction Favorite
Going Rogue: An American Life - Sarah Palin

Runners Up:
A Year of Living Biblically
A Thousand Lives


Favorite ARC
Sing You Home - Jodi Picoult

Favorite Crime/Mystery
The Breath of God - Jeffrey Small


Total Read - 77
Goal - 100

What I find odd?  The majority of my favorites did not come from my bookshelves.  All but 2 of the favorites came from the library or review books.  Prognosis: read your books in the year you get them.

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe you read 77 books! That's so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You read a lot yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you read about double what I read and your goal was almost triple my goal. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...